Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Loot Drop Blues

Prepare for the QQ.

I find it amusing (depressing) that whenever I run on Priest!Bitch, I seem to win an item. However, whenever I run on Mage!Bitch, I can't seem to win a roll to save my life. After several weeks of this, I have gotten to a point where the gear on my "alt" is superior to the gear on my "main". I find this depresses me.

I realize the law of averages: Priest needed more gear than Mage, hence I rolled on more, hence my chance of winning an item was increased. That does not, however, apply to the incredibly bad luck I have had with desired items even dropping. The spyglass trinket, for instance: after four months of running ICC10 on Mage!Bitch, I have never seen this item drop. Ever. It is to a point where I am starting to believe it doesn't drop from the lootship, rather that other mages running around with the item equipped performed unnamed sex acts with gnomes to get it. It is sad. The other mages make fun of my ghetto trinkets when we get together to trade strudel recipes.

I love Mage!Btich. I love playing her. She is my first 80 and maging is really my first love. I cut my gearing/raiding teeth with her and worked pretty hard to do it. So I find myself frustrated that I cannot seem to advance her = it is like I am stuck in a rut. I run her constantly and it seems like I can never get my hands on anything that I need to make her any better. It has gotten to the point where I have started playing with bits of her gear (downgrading in order to boost a few key stats) in the hopes of squeezing a bit more DPS out of her.

Perhaps this is another normal rite of passage that people go through with their toons.

Eureka! Now it all makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up Amber.

No comments:

Post a Comment